Sunday, July 18, 2010

Cardiff


I had a lovely few days in Cardiff in February and it turned out to be a real revelation. Not a huge city but a serviceable one with a full complement of history along with a very modern development down by the old Tiger Bay area, now called Cardiff Bay. As a 'Torchwood' fan it was a buzz to walk around the Entertainment Centre the site for Torchwood's Hub. The buzz continued when I went inside the entertainment centre where a choir was giving a lunchtime concert - not just any choir but the Welsh National Choir - beautiful.

I had an adventure going out to the Cathedral one afternoon. I took a bus part of the way and walked through the sportsgrounds for the rest, even passing a group in AFL jumpers playing what looked like a streamlined Aussie Rules game, particularly because one of them wore a Carlton jumper.

The people are very friendly and it's a city which is very easy to get around and for the shoppers there are some terrific shopping centres. My bed and breakfast was a fifteen minute walk from the centre of town...the walk could be along Cathedral road or along the riverfront to near the Castle. A bus stop was literally out the front.

I loved my short stay in Cardiff and hope to return one day.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment: