Thursday, March 8, 2012

A New York Minute or Two

Here's the thing, you can't get decent coffee in New York. That's all I'm sayin'.I really can't fathom how a country that was almost built on coffee can serve up something that tastes more like a combination of tar and hickory essence. I've attempted a cappuccino, an espresso and even went to the middle class dark side and sank to having a latte, all to no avail and all requiring I reach for an Anticol or butter menthol to cleanse my palette. I hate to think how many taste buds and brain cells have perished this week...and anyone who knows me knows I can ill afford to sacrifice any brain cells.

I never liked Starbucks coffee - for me it  was the coffee that 'kept on giving' for about the next two days if you get my drift.

So I'm sorry, I gave it a good old Yankee try but I will not, I can not suffer through another $4 (no matter how attractive the exchange rate)cup of swill New York style.Frankly I'd rather drink a glass other Hudson River.

No comments:

Post a Comment