Sunday, February 9, 2014

Where's The Sprouts Brussels?

If you like wind and rain you really should have been with me the last couple of days. Bloody cold wind and relentless drizzle and rain were the order of day one but I was not to be deterred by the turd of weather (see what I did there? Gold) and walked into the centre of Brussels via cobbled and quaint streets, diverting
through glorious arcades and occasional wrong turns (who'd've thought).

Such a gorgeous place with surprisingly lots to church, interesting churches, a range of museums and history along the streets. The Royal Palace is one of the most beautiful I've seen and I enjoyed seeing the remains of the original palace underneath.

After quite a bit of territory covered I finished the day at the Parlimentarium an exhibition at the Brussels location of the European Parliament.What I particularly liked about this informative place was that it was free entry! Looking at the price of 'souvenirs' though I suspect I know where they make up for it.

Making the mistake of having what was allegedly a burger at 'Quick' (probably alludes  more to the rapid onset of nausea rather than the speed of the meal) I retreated to my dry, warm hotel room for a nice night in watching the opening of the Sochi 'being gay is not OK' Games, spectacular, even at times ironically camp.



No comments:

Post a Comment